Last updated 21 February, 2022
As the safety of our patients and staff remains our highest priority, we continue to maintain strict safety protocols on site, including physical distancing, hand hygiene and wearing of masks.
In light of the current COVID outbreak, we are no longer able to permit visitors into our hospital until further notice. Limited exceptions apply, including for maternity patients (labour partner) and on compassionate grounds.
In line with NSW Health guidelines: we have expanded the compassionate grounds criteria for hospital visitors. On the basis of compassionate care, people will be allowed to visit a patient if:
- the patient is at end-of-life
- the patient is ill with a life-threatening condition or diagnosis
- it is beneficial for the patient's emotional or physical wellbeing, including for women who are giving birth
- the patient has a mental illness, and you are their designated Carer/Principal Care Provider as determined under the MH Act
- the patient is living with dementia or a cognitive impairment and you are their person responsible or person to contact
- you are required to provide an informal language service
- you are a carer of a patient with a disability
- you are accompanying someone to the emergency department or outpatient clinic
- you are supporting the patient's care upon leaving hospital
- the patient is under 16 and you are the patient's parent or guardian.
Please note that people wishing to visit the hospital on compassionate grounds will need to contact the hospital for approval prior to coming on site.
Patients may have two visitors at any one time.
All permitted visitors must:
- have had two doses of a recognised vaccine (unless they have a medical exemption)
- have not tested positive to COVID-19 within the past 7 days
- are not a high-risk contact of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- have not returned from overseas in the past 7 days
- have had at least one dose of vaccine if under 12 years of age
- wear a surgical mask correctly on entry and for the duration of the visit
All other existing visitor screening protocols remain in place.
Monday – Friday: 5.00 am – 6.00 pm.
Saturday: 6.00 am – 2.00 pm
Come and see our friendly staff or ring for a delivery on 9600 4144.
They sell a variety of products which includes, hot and cold drinks, a range of food breads, croissants, bagels, yoghurt and salads.
They also stock a wide range of gift baskets.
Sydney Southwest Private Hospital has limited pay for use parking spaces.
We strongly encourage that as a patient, arrangements for your transportation be made to and from the hospital on the days of admission and discharge.
Parking is available in Bigge Street near the hospital with a limit of two hours.
There is parking in the surrounding side streets, which is unlimited.
Additional parking is also available at Westfield at Liverpool where the first three hours is free of charge, this is approximately a 10-minute walk to the hospital.
Bus services operate along Bigge Street.
Train station is situated at Liverpool.
Taxi can be booked at reception.